Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sworn & Signed

Well I came home to military life.

I walk through our back sliding glass door where our passive yellow lab and spotted devil cat sit waiting for food and pets.

"Babe, you won't believe what I found out today." He says this calmy but tinged with excitement.

"Oh geeze, what? Give it to me." I say this calmly too and surprise myself. Excited?

"I'm not coming home after OCS."

"Shit."

"They're sending me straight to Pensacola. That's where I work and wait for a flight school date, and if it ends up being too far off when it's assigned, they'll send me home in the interim."

We pow-wow for a bit. This changes things. In a good way? Sure. Why not. Accelerate your life, right?

Cary swore in today at March. He also signed. Take a gander. (And if you're not getting this news until now, deal with it, like I did.)

 
  
  
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! So happy for you guys and thankful for your sacrifice!
The Erlewade's

Aly Lawson said...

Thanks, you two! Can't wait to catch up soon. =)