Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bitch Party

There's nothing like participating in a sunbathing, wine tasting, food coma, stupor fest to celebrate an impending wedding.

The happy couple.
It doesn't matter if you've got finals or errands or boards or a workload that makes workaholics cringe, we WILL have fun right now. We will drive for hours. We will spend mucho moolha. We will make memories damn it.

We received pieces of the luxury afforded that of course adds to the feeling of entertainment and relaxation, a mixture that when blended carefully results in a perfectly tasting existence.
Bachelorette parties are a celebration of the female. Glam me, frost me,  laugh with me, drink with me, dance with me, wink at me, get into trouble, find some drama. Fill your stomach with solids, lose it all after a little too much liquids. High heels. Short dresses. Tall blonds. (Not me. Sigh. Yeah. Flats too. Why God? Why?! ) Family. Friends really come through. There were freebies due to the good graces of employee discounts. And it was a schedule packed just enough to get the zipper closed. The sum of the parts resulted in very tired but very satisfied car rides home from a forgotten land. (Snaps for our driver who makes me proud to be a girl driver for once and makes Danica Patrick a little less impressive.)
I had forgotten. I always forget how beautiful northern California is. The Valley. The little towns and bridges between. Marin and Sonoma counties. Mayrin? Maryn? Marinn? Why God? Why?! The air is too comfortable for how bright it is. The greenery and tan carpet hills shouldn't exist together but do. The wine and Adventist college don't mix. It's one of those places you ooo and ahhh over yet secretly despise the citizens, students, and quaint homeowners who traipse around in flip-flops while muching on Guini's.

The green aura of coveting, as well as other auras of aches and sleepiness are fading, but the fullness and happiness are still with me, the sushi, the gnocchi, the giggling 'til we do something we regret. I wonder how they're feeling...


Toldja so. Short and brown. Tall and blond.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooo happy you were a part of my crazy weekend! Wouldn't have been the same without you, I need some good brunette lovin in my life! Xoxo -Christy

Aly Lawson said...

I'm sooooooooo happy too! (And no, I'm not drinking right now.) Hope you're recovering from your crazy stint as a crazy non-stop nurse.

I basically just nab pictures of you so I can brag to my friends that a tall blonde is my bud. ;0)